I can`t hear ya.

Got something to say - let it out?
Richard Till

I can`t hear ya.

Post by Richard Till » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Someone say something. I`m listening and interested.

forum_admin
Site Admin

Re: I can`t hear ya.

Post by forum_admin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi Richard, there's so much to say. I'll touch on a few.
I would say first Iuka looks about the same as it did 10, 15 years ago, so do the other Tish. Co. cities. I guess that's alright if you want it that way. For growth I think if we could get our businesses hands untied and the revenue rolling. We could do a lot of great things like widen Battleground the main strip and put sidewalks and curbs. Give it a very clean and attractive look, that will help new relocating businesses like Iuka. We have more to offer than any city in North Mississippi. THE LAKE!

We've got to change laws and look like we want new business first, before we get the new business.

Allow liquor by the drink and Sunday beer sales. We could get a restaurant chain to consider us with alcohol by the drink. You'll never get a chain here without it, that's how they make the numbers work. This would even justify downtown revitalization.
These laws are working where you see growth - Corinth and Tupelo. Look at downtown Corinth, WOW! That's why big business like them? They are creating a pro-growth business environment.

You would get more people retiring here if they had more to do and it wasn't so depressed. It's held down to little growth as possible by Our Governing Body's!

Iuka is being ran like it's only a small farm town and some would like it to stay that way or they don't know what to do and how to grow.

We don't have to reinvent the wheel - just look how they run nearby counties and cities.